Skiing in April in Chamonix
Still Great snow on Grands MontetsChamonix's North facing slopes on Grand Montets are still experiencing fantastic snow conditions as the photos below show.
There's no disputing the temperatures are quite warm in the afternoon, but time your skiing wisely, as anyone should at this time of year, & there is still plenty of opportunity to experience thigh burn and sun tanning for the rest of the season.
The Companie du Mont Blanc has also launched a few incentives for the rest of the season, noted below are just some of them.
- If you are between 15-25 years old start listening to NRJ to win yourself a weekend in Chamonix for you & 5 mates.
- Ladies, pay 50€ on top of your lift pass price (which rumour has it may be reduced next week... watch this space!) and benefit from targeted 'ladies' fitness sessions, cultural events, nature & environmental sessions.
- Aurelien Ducroz, Chamonix's home grown free ride talent will be here to be part of film footage promoting our mountain conditions until the end of the season.
- Planpraz terrace will be turned into Miami beach on April 24th with entertainment, decorations, music and a barbeque.
- Grands Montets will have its usual closing party on May 8th, with fancy dress competitions, the water jump and great music all day.
Check out our web site Chamonix for more accommodation options.
Skiing in April in Chamonix was posted on 1 April 2011 by Erica Taylor.