St Gervais, France
St Gervais Les Bains is located approximately one hour from Geneva airport, offers great intermediate skiing, a great value mountain holiday & yet is relatively undiscovered by British skiers.
At a Glance
- Top 5 things to do:
- 1. Enjoy a long lunch in one of the many beautiful mountain restaurants
- 2. Spot the French celebrities in Megeve
- 3. Treat yourself to some pampering in the world famous spa baths
- 4. Perfect your powder technique (it seems to last longer here, as no-one goes in it!)
- 5. Crank up your mountain miles as you really don't need to ski the same run twice in any one day here.
- Altitude (max):
- Altitude (min):
- Market day:
- Airport Name:
- Geneva Airport is less than an hour away and we recommend you use this airport. However Chambery Airport is only 1.5 hours away too.
- Resort Amenities:
- St Gervais is a lively French town with all the usual facilities that you would expect, including shops, banks and pharmacies. St Gervais’ local amenities are thermal baths with spa treatments, a cinema, casino, and many outdoor activities available such as an Olympic skating rink, skiing and snowboarding slopes and snowshoeing for everyone to enjoy as this is known as the 19th century spa town.
- Local currency:
- Time Difference from UK:
- + 1 hr
- Internet access:
- Yes - WIFI
See pricing details on Ski Packs
Short Breaks available in St Gervais
Summer Holidays in St Gervais
Go to: St Gervais by train
Ski Holidays in St GervaisSt Gervais Les Bains, to give it it's full name, is, as the name suggests, a spa town and the 'Thermes'- the thermal baths are still in operation today.
The village itself is located at approximately 850m above sea level, where the lifts then ascent to a ski area between 1800m - 2100m above sea level.
The ski area is large - the local 'St Gervais' area (which includes super posh Megeve and the traditional village of St Nicolas de Veroce) covers approximately 240km of piste, and the more extensive 'Mont Blanc Evasion' ski are (including Les Contamines & Combloux) 445km of piste, so if you are an intermediate skier who loves to tally up the ski miles, or a group of mixed ability skiers, this place is for you.
St Gervais is a traditional and lively French town where the local people live and work all year round. It has all the usual facilities that you would expect, including many good shops, restaurants and bars to 'apres-ski' in. Whilst you could easily fill a week long holiday simply by skiing and relaxing locally, St Gervais is also very well located and if you had your own transport you can ski in many other local resorts, like Chamonix, La Clusaz, or of course Les Contamines.
Access to the slopes in St Gervais is via the 'Bettex' cable car, located in the middle of the town. The 'Grand Panorama' apartments couldn't be any closer to this lift, the apartment entrance is literally 100m from the bottom of the lift station and as the name suggests offers amazing views from every angle.
The resort of St Gervais is easiy reached from Cluses station or change trains there and get even closer.
Trains run regularly from Paris and can be combined with the Eurostar from London - packages can be purchased with all our St Gervais accommodation.
Email us for train times and prices - enquire
For train bookings of 4 or more, we will include transfers from the railstation as standard.
St Gervais accommodation
Make an enquiry or Book now
Accommodation in St Gervais
Location of St Gervais
Get directions on Google Maps (opens in a new window). Click a pin to see more information on the accommodation.
Doing More … Design your holiday to suit you.
Doing More in St Gervais
All of these options are available for holidays in St Gervais. Prices may depend upon your chosen accommodation. You can add and change these items at any point once you have booked your holiday.
Design your holiday to suit you.
Activity packages & activities - courtesy of Zenith
Keeping the family happy
Lots to do if skiing is not your thing
Short Breaks in St Gervais
|1st January 1970||£0.00||Book Now|