Enjoy a delightful area which is off the beaten track for many British travellers and you will discover a lovely environment through the hills and the valleys of Cerkno.
At a Glance
- Local currency:
- Time Difference from UK:
- + 1 hr
- Swimming pool:
Background on Cerkno
Cerkno is a town located in the heart of Cerkno mountains in north-western Slovenia. It's just 50km far from Ljubljana which is the nearest airport, although it is also possible to fly into Trieste.
The region of Cerknos, with its historical and geographical sights, is an excellent choice for a combined activity and cultural break.
Pic n mix Holidays in Cerkno
There is a wide range of leisure activities on offer such as:
- Walking and cycling along prepared paths and trails
- Climbing the surrounding moutains Porezen (1632m) or Blegos (1563m),
- Nordic walking
- Fishing in the Idrijca River
- Visit some of the natural and cultural sites in the vicinity of Cerkno.
It does not have to be active, of course, since you can relax and visit the thermal pool (25x13,50m which is naturally heated to 30 degrees), have a sauna, or have a work-out in the fully equiped gym.
Doing More in Cerkno
- The archeological find "Divje Babe". Translated as Wild Women - this is a paleontological archaeollogical site just 17km from Cerkno. Amongst its finding is the oldest instrument in the world - a bone pipe. Not sure what you do with it but, if you work it out, do let us know.
- Visit the birthpace of of the Slovenian writer France Bevk
- Head for the Idrija Museum and follow five centuries of the mercury mine and the city of Idrija.
- The Cerkljansko Museum with its exhibition entitled "Cerljankso through the centuries"
All our ski holidays can be seen here but......
Cerkno is also a ski resort in winter offering a 20km ski area. It is quite small for most British requirements but for those who have never skied before, it is an excellent option since the prices are so much cheaper than many of the more headline ski resorts. If you would like a ski quote for Cerkno, do contact us by email or call us on 0203 137 7678.
See other summer options for:
Accommodation in Cerkno
Location of Cerkno
Get directions on Google Maps (opens in a new window). Click a pin to see more information on the accommodation.
Doing More … Design your holiday to suit you.
Doing More in Cerkno
All of these options are available for holidays in Cerkno. Prices may depend upon your chosen accommodation. You can add and change these items at any point once you have booked your holiday.
Design your holiday to suit you.
Activity packages & activities - courtesy of Zenith
Keeping the family happy
Photos of Cerkno
Please click on an image to enlarge it.
Short Breaks in Cerkno
|1st January 1970||£0.00||Book Now|