Doing more in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Ljubljana is the capital city of Slovenia, yet it has retained it's small town charm and feel and is best visited on foot. The history of the city stretches back over 5000 years with remains of the Roman city of Emona, the old city centre and of the medie
At a Glance
- Getting there:
You can fly to Ljubljana with easyJet from Stansted or with Adria Airways from Gatwick. The airport is 26km from the city centre (approx 30 minutes by car)
Ryan air fly to Trieste, Italy which is only a hour and a half drive or you can also consider flying into Venice. (2 hours 20).
- Top 5 things to do:
- Walk up to the Castle
- Stroll along the banks of the Ljubljanica river with an ice cream (and maybe stop at one of the many cafes or bars for a drink).
- Visit the open air market at Pogarcarjev Trg.
- Visit the National Gallery.
- Take out one of the city bikes for day.
- The average temperature in June is 21 degrees and in January around 0.
- Market day:
- Everyday except Sunday (when there is a flea market)
- Airport Name:
- Ljubljana Joze Pucnik airport
- Local currency:
- Time Difference from UK:
- + 1 hr
- Internet access:
- Yes - WIFI
Switch to Winter in Ljubljana for Christmas Markets
City Breaks in Ljubljana
Accommodation in Ljubljana
Location of Ljubljana
Get directions on Google Maps (opens in a new window). Click a pin to see more information on the accommodation.
Photos of Ljubljana
Please click on an image to enlarge it.
Short Breaks in Ljubljana
|1st January 1970||£0.00||Book Now|