This a mountain bike tour in the sense of landscape rather than cycling terrain. Most roads are asphalt, however quite a few of the side trips are on unpaved surfaces and forest tracks. This tour takes you through some of Slovenia's most picturesque alpine landscape. Suitable for MTB bikers with a good level of fitness.
From £540.00 per week
At a Glance
- Transfer Included
- Bike rental included
- Based on 2 people in a twin room
- Arrival Day:
- Duration of tour:
- 8 days / 7 nights
- Bike tour:
- Self guided
- Room facilities:
- All rooms used have ensuite facilities.
Cycle around Mt Triglav
Cycling tour highlights:
• Crystal clear mountain lakes and deep canyon streams
• Go rafting, paragliding or try other activities in the town of Bovec!
• Broad meadows framed by soaring mountains
• Cycle 1611 meters up over the Vrsic mountain pass or......
• ....Climb 2000 meters up to the Mangart road
• Small individual hotels, great food
Day 1 ARRIVAL IN LAKE BLED. (3* hotel).
First stop Bled, a world famous town on the shore of a beautiful glacial lake, with its distinctive island church surrounded by towering alpine mountains and the cliff top castle standing guard over the town, Bled is one of Slovenia’s most popular tourist attractions.
Day 2 BLED – RIBČEV LAZ (Bohinj Lake) (40 km, cumulative climb 700 m).
An easy descent into the valley. 4* hotel.
From the high plateau at Pokljuka, you can marvel at the alpine views as you glide down into the neighboring Bohinj Valley. Upon reaching Lake Bohinj, the largest and deepest in the Triglav National Park, you can spend the rest of the day seeing sights such as Savica Waterfall and shimmering mountain vistas from Vogel mountain.
Day 3 TOLMIN (61 km, cumulative climb 1100 m; or 35 km via train to Podbrdo). (3* hotel).
Today you peddle off into the heart of the Julian Alps through the narrow, almost canyon-like, valley of Baška Grapa to the town of Tolmin. Weather permitting, you can take a swim in the river near Most na Soči, at the confluence of the Soča and Idrijca Rivers.
Day 4 TOLMIN – BOVEC (46 km, cumulative climb 440 m). (3* hotel).
Today you follow the mighty Soča River as it roars its way down from the Julian Alps. As you cycle along this emerald-green river you will pass through the area that saw some of the fiercest fighting during WW1, immortalised in Hemmingway's novel, A Farewell to Arms. Just before you arrive in Bovec, visit the Boka Waterfall. At 106m high and 30m wide, this is a spectacle not to be missed.
Day 5 BOVEC a rest day.
Enjoy a free day in Bovec – the adrenaline capital of Slovenia. Alternatively you can take a white water rafting trip down the Soča river or a lift by cable car to Mt. Kanin and cycle back down to the valley. If you like to fly, try one of the tandem paragliding trips.
Day 6 BOVEC – KRANJSKA GORA (45 km, cumulative climb 1100 m). (3* hotel).
As the sun illuminates the eastern sky, you will be heading towards it into the tranquility of the Upper Soča Valley of Trenta, and then twisting your way around 50 hairpin bends as you cross over the high mountain pass of Vršic (1611 m above sea level - height difference 1100 m / 3600 ft)
Day 7 KRANJSKA GORA – BLED (41 km, cumulative climb 150 m). (4* hotel).
After an exhausting climb of the mountain pass on day 6, day 7 takes you across more relaxing terrain along the Radovna River as it meanders its way through a wilderness valley between two plateaus. As you exit the valley and head back to Bled, stop at the 1.6km Vintgar gorge and take a stroll alongside the river as it cuts its way through the hills.
Day 8 depart from Bled
- 7 nights in 3* and 4* hotel rooms with private facilities
- luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- airport transfers to/from Ljubljana airport.
- Information package including detailed route description (one per party)
- Half board - you can upgrade to this for £110pp. This is for 7 dinners
- Bike & helmet rental. Helmets are compulsory in Slovenia. Price for helmet hire is £10 per week. Bike hire starts at £66 per week (and includes lock, pannier, spare tube, set of allen keys and basic puncture repair kit) Price incudes delivery and pickup.
- Airport transfers -these can be arranged to/from Klagenfurt or other airports.
- Additional nights - These start a £43pppn.Please contact us for a quote.
Tour profile: For bikers with a good level of fitness.
Rooms in Cycle around Mt Triglav
Twin bedroom (twin)
This room is available by request only.
Twin room with ensuite facilities
Single bedroom (single)
This room is available by request only.
Single room with ensuite facilities
Availability at Cycle around Mt Triglav
For latest availability do call 0203 137 7678 or complete the enquiry form below.
Location of Cycle around Mt Triglav
Get directions on Google Maps (opens in a new window).
Photos of Cycle around Mt Triglav
Please click on an image to enlarge it.
Doing More … Design your holiday to suit you.
Doing More in Cycle around Mt Triglav, Slovenia by bike
All of these options are available for holidays in Cycle around Mt Triglav, Slovenia by bike. Prices may depend upon your chosen accommodation. You can add and change these items at any point once you have booked your holiday.
Design your holiday to suit you.
Things to do in and around resort
Activity packages & activities - courtesy of Zenith
|1st January 1970||£0.00||Book Now|